FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated Wild Card Thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2008, 9:11 am
gpayer

IAD Results = Chrysler Sebring (Mid-Size)

Bottom Line Results:

Chrysler Sebring (Mid-Size) at IAD (Washington DC - Dulles).

Details:

I spoke with Thrifty and they indicated that there was no penalty for making a reservation and cancelling it or not following through. So, what I did was booked a full-size vehicle and the Wild Card deal on two separate reservations for the same time.

When I showed up, they told me the Wild Card vehicle was the basic Chrysler Sebring. I played dumb and told them that I wasn't sure what she was referring to - that I reserved a full-size vehicle with an AMEX one-class upgrade to premium. She found that reservation and told me I double booked. I played dumb like it was a mistake.

She then told me they didn't have any premium vehicles (the lot looked like they were going out of business (but apparently they clean the lot on Tuesday nights and move their vehicles over to the Dollar lot down the road). After I told her that I should get an upgrade - she told me they would just put me in a Dodge Grand Caravan for the same price (of the full-size). Not bad $160.08 out the door for a week in a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan (311 miles on it when we got in it).