FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help – adding more pages to US Passport
Old Mar 18, 2008, 9:37 am
kebosabi

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Need help – adding more pages to US Passport

I’ve had a bulk of international business travels in the past year; hence my passport is now close to full. I understand I can submit an application request to add more pages (form DS-4085) at no additional cost. However, I have several questions.

First, I would like to give my employer an estimate on how long I will be unavailable for international business travel. Hence, does anyone know how long it takes to get extra pages added to your passport without using expedite service? For example, if I send out my application to the National Processing Center in Philadelphia today, what is the average wait time to get my passport back into my hands?

Secondly, how exactly are the extra pages added to an existing passport? Do they actually re-stitch extra pages after page 24 and are the numbered as pages 25~48? Also, despite my passport has an issue date of January 2007, they gave me the old type passport without the IC chip. Will this affect anyway in the passport pages that I am issued?

Your comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

kebosabi