FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How is Us Airways PHL-MAD?
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2008, 8:19 pm
sts603
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by rte66kid
Hi everyone, I've never flown on Us Airways for an international flight. In the past I've just used them for short domestic trips, as their fares were always the lowest out of BUF, and their service has always been good enough. I'm taking a trip to Spain, and as usual, US Airways is giving the best fare, so Im seriously considering them. I was just wondering how their European service is. The flight to Madrid from PHL is on an A330, will that plane have personal seat back televisions? Im traveling with someone who isnt the greatest flyer, so any entertainment like that would be awesome. Also is the meal service anything worth eating, or should i just stock up at PHL?

thanks in advance!
If you are not worried about earning miles, I wouldn't fly a American carrier to Europe. Fly a European one - British Airways, Air France, Swiss or SAS come to mind. LH is uncomfortable in coach. But even Iberia (which flies non-stop from JFK) is better than US.