FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passport Heads Up - Don't Get Too Close To Expiration Date
Old Mar 15, 2008, 7:44 am
sefrischling

Programs: DL - exPlat (now Gold) ; AB - Gold ; TK - Gold; BMI - exGold; US - exChairman ; UA-ex1K; NW-exGold
Originally Posted by EchoVictor
FYI, you can get your passport renewed and completely reissued in Manhattan in about 2-3 hours. Cost is $120 which is only $60 more than normal. Federal building at West Houston & Hudson.
I did this in Boston in 2003. I had my new Passport issued on Feb 13th around 4:00pm, I was on a 7:00pm flight from BOS to LHR.

I did get questioned by Immigrations at LHR on why my passport was less than 24hrs old, weird question. I answered something like I had a sudden urge for a Cadbury Crunchie Bar, the agent laughed and I was on my way.

Just the other day I had a colleague in Canada, with a British Passport, call me about his expired passport and the need to travel to the US. He found a solution, but watching your expiration date is important. I just wrote about this the other day on my blog for traveling photographers
http://flyingwithfish.blogspot.com/2...nt-paying.html

Last edited by sefrischling; Mar 15, 2008 at 7:59 am