FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How is Us Airways PHL-MAD?
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2008, 9:30 am
JayhawkCO

Programs: Statusless and proud
I just went PHL-MAD last week. My flight over was unfortunately on the 767 which has no in-seat entertainment. We ordered special meals because it's been my experience that sometimes those are better than the regular fare. By ordering the Moslem and Hindu meals (we figured we'd mix it up), we got the exact same item, a yellow curry with chicken and rice. I believe there was some mysterious green vegetable as well. We wished we had ordered the regular meal once we saw it. Ours was accompanied with bread and butter. Service was fine, but I don't normally require a whole lot from my FA.

Coming back we had the 330. The in-seat entertainment was nice. It had about 8 movies, 20 TV shows, and 20 albums to listen to. Make sure you bring your own headphones and adapter (the jack in the armrest has two prongs), otherwise you'll pay $5. We changed our meal preference back to the normal meal. My girlfriend got roasted chicken with potatoes and spinach. I got cheese tortellini with green beans. Both came with bread and butter, cheese, a spicy rice salad, a caramel mousse, and a Toblerone. I thought the pasta wasn't half bad. Service again was fine, unfortunately it appeared none of the FAs spoke Spanish.

Overall, seat comfort was fine. Food was fine. Service was fine. Certainly a more comfortable seat than LH Y since no one can recline into your face.
I'd prefer UA E+, but if forced to take US again overseas, I wouldn't hesitate too much. I'll give it a solid B. Free booze would make it an A-.

Chris