FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simplified excess baggage charge (23kg per bag for all classes)
Old Mar 11, 2008, 7:39 am
coolfish1103

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
It sure makes flying with SQ a more costly experience (not that it isn't very costly now to fly with them if you want your mile accrued).

Their baggage weight issue has always been a problem because they are very strict on this policy in the past. I can already foresee this being a disaster for passengers travelling on the first week of April to experience a horrendous service between North America to/from Singapore or other destinations because not everyone reads the news online.

In all honesty, I don't undertand why they want to lower the weight to 23kg per luggage for long-haul destinations. I am one of the passengers that got very annoy with the weight restrictions and the long lines of complaints at LAX regarding luggages being overweight, so I have changed my airline preference already despite the fact I love SQ's on board service. I really wonder... are they only interested in business passengers that travels daily and have very little belongings?

Most people who travel for leisure, vacation, or for a period of time simply have more things they need to carry on the luggage (this happens exceptionally on Asian passengers, and a bit better for American passengers). Most luggages by itself already weighs a bunch, and this will just create chaos at the airport for all passengers who are checking in for Singapore Airlines.

Disappointed at SQ following AA's path on the baggage allowance issue.

Last edited by coolfish1103; Mar 11, 2008 at 7:49 am Reason: typos