FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Lufthansa Longhaul Menu Thread (business class / first class)
Old Mar 10, 2008, 7:16 am
SleepOverGreenland

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Menu in F ex DE to the US much better in Mar/Apr

After the Jan/Feb disaster the F menu ex Germany to the US is much better in Mar/Apr. Good and well balanced choices on the menu followed by a good preparation and excellent taste. ^

I had some king prawns and caviar as a starter, followed by loup de mer as main course. This was even topped by the Asian delight menu before landing. I had corn fed poulard salad followed by a filet of beef with wok fried vegatables and green Thai curry sauce (^, one of the best meals I had in the air).

The wine selection is still ... eh ... limited. In particular the white wines are pathetic. The Franken Riesling can in no way compete with a middle grade Rheingau Riesling or a good Rheinhessen Riesling. And that Austrian white is nothing, but tasteless. So I ended up with the California Monterey Chardonnay, considering this is the best choice on board. Well, I have to admit I forgot to ask about the C white offers.

I finally think, that somelier worldchamp () should be replaced by another person, who has some fresh ideas about wines.