FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Jordan
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2008, 1:09 pm
zakami

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Marriotts in Jordan

Recently I stayed at all 3 Marriotts in Jordan and thought I would post a review since information on them was lacking when I was planning the trip.

Jordan Valley Marriott at the Dead Sea - Its a spectacular resort. This was a point-saver award stay for 1 night. Status was not acknowledged and was given a room overlooking the pool and Dead Sea (half the rooms have this view since the hotel is U-shaped). Several restaurants - Italian, Champions sports bar, Arabic lounge with hookahs, pool bar and another bar by the lobby, and the main restaurant where the buffet is served at all 3 meals. We were told breakfast was included for all rooms (nothing to do eith status) in the main restaurant. The breakfast buffet was rather nice. While it was a bit cold, we did get into the Dead Sea early in the morning to bob around just for the experience in the extremely saline wanter. The italian restaurant was booked for a private event so we ordered room service. It was delivered promptly but the pasta was rather average.

Marriott Petra - 2 night paid stay. This hotel is nothing great and the Crowne Plaza and Movenpick are definitely better choices in town but the rate at the Marriott could not be beat so we opted to stay here. The pizza at the Italian restaurant was great. Braskfast buffet (included in room rate) was average. Cooked to order eggs were great but the baked items were nothing great. No status recognition. I had Premium Pound vouchers and the hotel refused to honor a proper exchange rate (look up in Marsha) and only gave what was posted for cash conversions on the front desk. Rooms were nothing to write home about either. However, Petra itself is spectacular.

Marriott Amman - 1 night award stay. Great hotel with a Mediteranean restaurant and Champions sports bar. We ate at the Medi one - Arabic items were great but the Italian ones were lacking. Had an early morning flight so did not get a chance to try breakfast. Was granted lounge access based on status and given a room on the Executive floor. Great lounge staffed from 6 AM to midnight with 2 computers.