FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lisbon Marriott, Portugal [Master Thread]
Old Mar 7, 08, 8:53 pm
LessO2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've stayed at this Marriott several times. I did a search on this property to check out feedback on the Lounge, since this will be my first trip as Gold.

The service by the front desk staff is okay, not great not bad. Room service is very good. Restaurant has plenty of space. Use of the pool can be a little awkward, as it's right next to a freeway, separated only by some trees.

The assessment of the location by others is kinda/sorta accurate. The location is NOT ideal, but it's not in a bad area. A taxi ride into the middle of town is about seven or eight Euros, including tip. Taking a taxi anywhere in Lisbon is cheap, but the prices are about 20% higher late nights and weekends.

Location to airport is very good, a 15-minute ride max, usually costs 10 Euros (including the 1.60 per bag surcharge).

As mentioned earlier, Sheraton is in a better location (it's actually the tallest building in Lisbon), but I haven't been there since the remodel. The Sheraton is one block from a Metro stop and there's much more within walking distance of the Sheraton.

Side note -- anyone else been to the Lounge at Lisbon Marriott? Any thoughts?