FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skyteam CRTWSKY1 RTW Trip Report - KL, AF, AM, KE and KQ
Old Mar 5, 2008, 1:20 pm
dg4255

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
AF 1426 Paris CDG – Venice
A320 Seat:3D
ETD: 950am ATD: 1000am
ETA: 1130am ATA: 1130am

The AF lounge in 2F was also packed to the gills. So, we found the only 2 seats remotely near each other and took a seat. We were both really tired even though we’d slept and just had showers. I was afraid if we started to doze in the lounge, we’d miss our flight to Venice. At boarding time, we went upstairs to the gate to find not one AF employee around yet the line to board snaked through the terminal. It was drizzling in Paris, but planes were leaving and taking off as normal. Our plane was sitting at the gate, so there seemed to be no reason why the plane would not leave on time. Finally, 2 agents appeared and made an announcement that due to the weather, our flight would be delayed a few minutes. Just 20 minutes before our new departure time, we boarded, quite efficiently I might say. There were only 3 pax in C with Y completely full. We pushed back from the gate and taxied halfway to Venice before we took off. ;-)
I fell asleep before we took off and I woke up as we were coming in for our final approach. I have no clue if they served any food or drink as my companion also snoozed.

Overall, AF was as expected. KE was the big surprise. AMAZING service, food, flight attendants, IFE. KQ and AM were huge disappointments. SA was a nice experience overall. I am eager for my next KE flights!

Last edited by dg4255; Mar 31, 2008 at 1:58 am