FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MNL Transit
Thread: MNL Transit
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 08, 11:54 am
KosraeTV

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Originally Posted by christep View Post
Just to be pedantic, Manila Terminal 1 has been down to two security checks (beyond paperwork) for at least a year now: one just inside the terminal entrance before check-in, and one just after immigration. I haven't seen any baggage checking at the gate area for many months now. For me the most irritating bit is the "shoes, belts & jackets off" routine at the second one, for no real purpose whatsoever.
Yeah Yeah Yeah... I was being a sarcastic SOB because of my love for that airport CO has the gate check still and they are VERY VERY invasive. Everything out of the bag and on the table and going through pockets of clothes in the carry on etc... This was still the case up until last month and I'll be going through Terminal 1 transfer to Terminal 2 on Saturday and return in a few weeks so I'm so overjoyed that I get to go back through MNL. I wish I could just stay in Terminal 2 and avoid Terminal 1 all together.

I agree the second inspection with the male / female lines and pockets turned inside out and the guy cupping your crotch is way overline. I love when they try to make a big deal out of the multiple currency I carry.