FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First VX experience
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2008, 11:37 am
nermaljcat

Programs: VX, UA 2P
Originally Posted by carlo
We were scheduled to leave at 9:10am Saturday morning, and things got a little bit strange when I got a call on Saturday morning at 7:20am from a VA rep saying they wanted to leave early, so we needed to get to the airport as soon as we could. She claimed that they had clearance to leave early, and the weather was supposed to get bad at SFO, and if we left at the scheduled time, we'd face a three-hour delay, so they wanted to leave by 8:40.
My SO said she had a really hard time getting music to play properly, and I found the user interface for that part of the system fairly difficult to use.
I'd actually be happy to get a call like that. If it meant that I could possibly avoid a 3-hour delay by trying to get there earlier. Very proactive and courteous IMO. I'd never expect that level of service from UA.

I found the music player very easy to use, but I write software for a living. How comfortable is your SO with technology? I'm sure a FA would have been more than happy to help out.

The in-flight TV signal is a little flaky. You're in a (relatively fast) moving object traveling (relatively large) distances, in and out of broadcasting ranges, so it is not surprising the signal may come in and out. There's always pre-recorded content (movies etc).

Red can do with a bit of refactoring. Hopefully they come out with an update soon. It is a beta version after all (which is still 100x better than typical legacy IFE).