FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis President's Club
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2008, 8:12 am
THE soni

Programs: AAEXP, CXGold, AFPlat, PCPlat/RA, HyattDiamond, SPGGold, MarriottGold, HertzPlat, NationalExec
Originally Posted by PeterPK
I am still wondering why Avis would *not* disclose the details on President's Club and Chairman's Club on their website.

I can see myself renting at a location where they would not give me an upgrade (or honor any of the other benefits), and tell me to take the car they provide or go to Hertz. A printout of AVIS's website would probably help, but a printout of FT's board probably won't.
Well, I won't get into why they don't really get into these status levels on their website beyond saying they are invitation only and Avis probably doesn't want everybody knowing/calling about them.

As for the other benefits, I can tell you that using the AWD code that is automatically in my profile (the PC AWD) has consistently given me the best rates. Also upgrades are subject to availability as is, but if you show them your card (in case it's not already in your profile) they absolutely do know about PC and what they are supposed to provide. Although there might be a CSR somewhere out there who might not know something or other, it is highly unlikely that any station manager would not be trained in what is Avis's 2nd highest elite level.

But who knows... YMMV.