FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which is best for award help-elite line or co.com?
Old Mar 2, 2008, 7:06 am
hughw

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
I have a similar question. I found an upgrade award that priced on-line using an H fare. The itinerary was EWR to Nice with a connection at CDG. When I went to purchase, I received an error message saying "We're sorry, but continental.com was unable to complete your purchase. Please try your purchase later or call 1-800-300-1547 for assistance." I called the number listed and they immediately transferred me to international with a long wait time. SO I called back on the elite line and got an agent.

The agent couldn't get it to work either. The problem was that (upgrade or not), the H fare was only applicable to the EWR-CDG portion and from CDG to NCE it would be coach because its and Air France code share(which was fine with me). But he ended up putting the reservation on hold and suggested I call back on Monday. So, who should I call? CO.COM or the elite line? Does anyone have any suggestions that I could make to the agent on how to do this?