FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Valet gave car to another guest
View Single Post
Old Feb 29, 2008, 5:59 pm
CKL

I once had a bad stay about 10yrs ago at a *wood property - Clearwater Beach, to be exact. NOTHING like yours... there were dirty sheets in a pull out and they lost my kids Barney doll, but found it in the laundry. Afer I got home, I received a letter from either the GM or FDM apologizing. I also recieved a Plat welcome letter. They had comped me Platinum (without my asking) and gave me like 30-40k in *points (without my asking)... which, at the time, was enough for a 5-7 night stay in a really nice property!

They can comp you Plat, and if you stay at Marriott's often enough, then suggesting it, even in jest, might be worth it. Giving you Plat or more points is no skin off their teeth. Honestly, I would bet that they would give you anything that you asked for if it would make you happy. Unless you tell them differently, they will think that the 20k did the trick.

you were not inconvenienced for the most part other than the anxiety of not having the car in your possession.

If the anxiety of this entire day weighed heavily on you, as well as the anxiety of the missed flight, being hungry and cold, anxiety of the old man driving dangerously in a car with your name stamped on it, the anxiety of the hours spent at the rental counter, the anxiety of not being able to file a police report, and the anxiety of not feeling safe to leave town until it was all settled.... if That kind of anxiety is a lot of inconvenience, then don't feel the least bit guilty about asking the GM for what it really is that you would like to 'forgive & forget'.