FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Valet gave car to another guest
View Single Post
Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:12 pm
albionbrdway

This is a very unfortunate and embarrassing situation, especially for the hotel. But it seems that they went to all costs to fix it. If I read it correctly, they took you to work, then to the airport without charging you for the car service. Then kept in contact with you during the entire debaucle. To go that much further, they gave you points towards your marriott account. It is my opinion that people do make mistakes, and yes, this valet made a big one, but it was a rental car that was returned without any additional issues and you were not inconvenienced for the most part other than the anxiety of not having the car in your possession. For you to be waiting to complete this issue with the hotel to see what else other people think you deserve on top of what you have already recieved, seems to me that you are trying to take advantage of them. There are worse things that can happen, and I feel they did a great job resolving their mistake. Our society would be a better place if people would stop trying to manipulate the system to get something for free and appreciate the good in people and what they try to do. I feel that they treated you the way that I would want to be treated if this happened to me.