FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hot MR Opportunities! Venezuela Currency Control! (EWR-HKG for $400)
Old Feb 27, 2008, 11:15 pm
civicmon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by Guava
I know what you are saying. But I think you are missing an important detail here. You still need to physically start yout trip from CCS every time. Sure, you can try not to leave the airport meaning you could time your arrival flight very close to your departure from Venezuela, I suppose that's possible and is probably very safe - that is provided police won't come and arress you at the airport on somekind of unknown charges you have never heard of. Call me risk adverse, but I like to plan for all possible contingencies first.
The part you bolded, apparently, is up for debate but I don't have an answer that it's 100% necessary or not. Flyerman770 says NO they do not need to be but then a pax on the airline runs the risk of them thinking something fishy is up. YMMV..... I never have done it.

RTWs are an answer as most can be booked with just a couple day's notice, sometimes w/o major fees for urgent bookings. That being said, if the USD rate for tickets to MIA/ATL/NYC is $300, what's the black market rate? $150? It's not that expensive when looking at it in that way. So, can book a quick return into the US and do a "stopover" at home for weeks or months and off to your final destination.