FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008
Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:51 pm
anat0l

<tired>

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
I think a multi airport AGM will just be too much work and not good for the spirit of the Australian / NZ QF community.

You will have some people attending this airport, other people attending other airports etc.

We should stick to one location, one airport and organize around it. And if there is no FLounge then that is fine as well.

At the end of the day you attend for the people, not for the lounge drinks. BNE is nice but going to a new location is fine as well. (As long as it is not Sydney).
I've got no qualms as to where the AGM is - I'd still attend if I could. I guess I should step back a little - while I enjoyed the FLounge I guess it was a nice 'bonus' and carrot for me to attend the AGM. It also turned out to be a great experience to meet more people. If it didn't happen, I'm sure that I'd still attend the AGM and its other activities all the same. Sorry if I gave the FLounge component too big an emphasis back there somewhere (pretty audacious for an NB, I know).

I'm sure that we can all ingeniously plan a great AGM (and pre- and post- AGM) program next year just like we did this year with QF175 and the FLounge. Who knows - next year's may or may not have an FLounge - it may have more. Either way, the root aims of the AGM would be all the same.

I agree however with DownUnderFlyer that too many AGMs around the country are going thin out quorums a lot, which is probably not good on anyone's books.

</tired>