FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008
Old Feb 27, 2008, 6:57 pm
QF WP

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Okay, let me have my 2c worth, having read the last 3 pages this morning thanks to a PM from Bundy Bear.

As the originator of this Do, whilst I am immensely proud of showcasing BNE as the site for the AGM, I am not adverse to change (having had the AGM at BNE for the last 6 years), however I agree that perhaps we have a multi-venue that can solve everybody's issues.

I think we can all agree that, notwithstanding QF's future schedules, that BNE may not be the best venue for the AGM next year (if we want to Flounge as well), given the possibility that QF175 might not be available. To me, adding the Flounge access has certainly increased the patronage to the AGM, ensuring a health quorum. As for accessing the local management, one email or phone call to the BNE QP Manager will give me her counterpart's details in ADL, SYD T1 and MEL, so I can't see issues there - liaising with them is not very difficult and if my experience with the BNE QP Manager (and Asst Manager) is any yardstick, thing will be just as smooth with the others.
However, the thought of being able to hold multiple meetings (thus getting more local members involved, plus those who want to fly, plus those that want to Flounge, plus those that want to make use of Frequent Guest programs for overnight stays), that perhaps we look to have a BNE/SYD/ADL on the Saturday. Perhaps on the Sunday, it could extend to ADL/MEL/home to try and make use of MEL's Flounge as well. So members can choose which parts of the AGM Do they can attend accordingly.

For one, I'd love to see if we can arrange this. Now the sentimental home will always be BNE (and the first leg of the AGM), but we must extend the appeal to the wider FT community.

Over to the board for everybody's thoughts...

Last edited by QF WP; Feb 27, 2008 at 7:06 pm