FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011
Old Feb 27, 2008, 3:46 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The rep was firmly and confidently wrong. One earns 100% bonus miles on the Platinum-qualifying sector, as you indicate.

They may have to manually update the points toward the sticker upgrade counter (which resets to zero day after tomorrow, but there's a recent thread on that.)

Originally Posted by jakuda
After completing the platinum challenge, I noticed that when my mileage posted, my qualifying segment didn't get the 100% mileage bonus, nor did it count towards the elite upgrade mileage. The first time I called the AAdvantage CS, the rep said quite firmly and confidently, that one must have platinum elite status before flying a segment in order to get the mileage bonus. I was doubtful, based on what I remembered reading here. I did some more searches on here, before calling again, and got a rep who took a few minutes before getting the elite bonus miles credited to my account. I asked her if the miles from the qualifying segment have been credited to my sticker upgrade mileage counter, to which she responded yes. I thought everything was fine, but when I logged on to my account on aa.com, the bonus mileage was posted, but the credit towards the sticker upgrade counter wasn't. I guess I'll have to call again tomorrow. So advice for others: keep calling until you get all the miles and bonuses sorted out. Usually the first AAgent will try to look into your account and help but upon hearing "platinum challenge" they just transfer you to the AAdvantage CS desk.