FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Alaska Airlines Bored Room
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2008, 12:15 am
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Cholula
Before the Alaska Airlines Lounge is officially launched today, I'd like to give special thanks to Canarsie who is a valued member of FlyerTalk. And whose bust you'll see displayed right inside the entrance door to our Lounge.
I am honored...I think...

Anyway, I just dropped by to see what condition my condition was in...

...er...I mean...

...I just dropped by to wish everybody in the Alaska Airlines forum a successful and fun Lounge™ experience.

As an aside, I have been a passenger on Alaska Airlines several times, even back in the days when I earned TWA miles from a round-trip flight between Fairbanks and Barrow. I have been to Denali National Park, rented a cabin along the river near the park, eaten fresh salmon aboard a cruise on a small boat in the Kenai fjords near Seward, hiked up Exit Glacier, eaten at the northernmost Pizza Hut on the planet, stayed in Anchorage twice, did the touristy thing of dipping my toe into the Arctic Ocean in Barrow and ate at Arctic Pizza there, and traveled the Alaska Rail Road from Anchorage to Fairbanks.

I truly enjoyed Alaska and hope to return yet again some day. My third time to Alaska does not count, as that was simply a stop on my way from Atlanta to San Francisco...