FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin America to expand?
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2008, 4:47 pm
prismwiz

Programs: VX unless destination indicates otherwise (damn hippieanarchistville--EUG--and PHX)
Originally Posted by nermaljcat
IMHO codesharing would increase loads a lot. They may not serve many cities yet, but if they could connect you to your destination on another partner, that'd increase their traffic.

Looks like I'll be flying YEG->SFO (and then around the US) towards the end of next month. I'm thinking that I'll fly YEG->SEA on Air Canada, then hop on a VX SEA->SFO flight. If VX was part of *A, then that option would automagically be presented to me on aircanada.com or virginamerica.com and I wouldn't have to explicitly book it that way.

I'm guessing that V Australia will be looking to code-share with VX in Q4 this year, when they start SYD->LAX. I'm surprised VS haven't already (LHR->SFO?).

It would also allow a lot of ppl who are not familiar with VX to try their product (and if Red is installed, like it ).
VX will never be a part of *A, UA would veto. What would codesharing give VX? VS and V Australia would give minimal benifit to VX, only benifiting the other airlines. What airlines would want to codeshare with VX? Other than VS and V Australia.