FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who would've thought....Uzbekistan on track to be Skyteam Associate
Old Feb 25, 2008, 1:04 pm
asnovici

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by apoivre
Well, they are considered head and shoulders above the rest of the aviation in the 'stans and still I am somehow underwhelmed. This is not going to fill any significant holes in the ST network. TAS-RIX-JFK anyone? Lots of second-tier Russian cities direct to TAS and some second-tier Uzbek cities? TAS, I hear, is a zoo - the airport, not the city.

(Sorry to have opened another thread on this. Don't know how I missed this one)
I agree. I normally am quite open minded (and often pleasantly surprised) when it comes to the CIS aviation, however Uzbekistan Airways in SkyTeam does not thrill me one bit. I will refrain from saying how horrible they are beacsue I have never flown them (and we see too many comments here about how horrible SU is from people that either flown them in 1993 or never flown them at all), but I am underwhelmed. How is that beneficial to ST with their network being rather unexciting?