FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Sampler
Old Feb 22, 2008, 8:24 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Once at domestic, a walk over the bridge, down the escalator, along the length of the terminal to security. Security is busy this time of day. Then upstairs to the lounge to await my flight.

I was aware boarding time approached and made my way out. As I approached the exit the boarding call was made. I barely got halfway down the escalator to the prop gates (ie not very many metres from the lounge) when I was paged. Oh please. At the gate a minute or so later and while I was the last to have boarding pass scanned at the gate I caught up with the rest of the passengers out on the tarmac waiting to board. Still, my "lateness" did save a couple of minutes out in the hot sun.

The flight was not very full. We left a couple of minutes early. Nice views out both sides but especially out the right of the beaches, bays, islands, and yes also urban sprawl along the Queensland coast.

We had a few turns before landing. The airport is in a picturesque setting. Quickly inside to escape the heat.