FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)
Old Feb 22, 2008, 1:44 pm
jbrevard

Programs: UA 1k, AA, DL, Marriott Plat
business class...

Originally Posted by Javan69
The u/g cleared on 937 Sun (IAD-SFO), which is a 763 with the new C config. (That's now SFO-FRA-ORD-IAD-SFO all in 3 class C for $665. ^) Anyway, so 6H, 9J, K are open and face forward; 9H, 8J, K, 10K are open and face rear. Anyone have experience with rear facing? Seat thoughts? Thanks.
First, don't get your hopes up - as of the evening before my flight FRA > IAD on Monday, I, too was faced with this quandry... selected my seat on ".bomb" which aptly warned me that I might be facing rearward only to board the aircraft and find, alas, old seats.

With that said, SeatGuru.com does now have the new seatmap for the aircraft...though there isn't much commentary about what's a good or bad seat as of the last time I checked.

Others in the past have commented that row 10 is seated almost directly across from the galley entryway, and so would be subject to constant disturbance.

Only rear-facing I have ever done was on an Allegheney (!) DC-9... it was interesting to see the ground go away in the "other" direction. Aside from that I'm not sure that there'd be a significant difference. Others who have actually been graced with an opportunity to fly the new configuration will likely comment shortly. There's also a chance this thread will be moved to another discussing the new config in more detail. Cheers - and enjoy either way!