FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please Post Your EBG Upgrade Successes!
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2008, 11:27 am
paen08

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold for life, BAEC GGL, Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
I have been upgraded from M to C maybe 33-50% of the times when I´m flying M within Europe. I always ask at the gate, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Most of the flights however I´m already in C or Y and when I´m in Y, I don´t bother...

My latest upgrade was at LCY. I walked fast to gate when they opened and was there 2-3 minutes before everybody else, showed the KLM-guy my EBG-card and asked if it is possible for a gold card customer to get upgraded. He said that he had to ask the supervisor , then he took my BP and I sat down next to the check-in counter. Later just prior to boardiing he said that he couldn´t do it at the gate but that I could ask the purser, then he asked me to pass through the long line so I could board first of all. Onboard the plane I spoke to the purser and showed my EBG, she asked me then to sit down until everybody was on the plane, after boarding completed and counting sheeps she asked me to move to row 3, C-class treatment all the way to Stockholm... :-)

Last summer on my RTW I was upgraded on OZ MNL-ICN, on US CLT-IAD, on SK IAD-CPH (from M to C) and on SK LHR-ARN

Not successful on:
TG, ARN-BKK, BKK-MNL
OZ, ICN-JFK
US, LGA-CLT, CLT-SXM, SXM-CLT
SK, CPH-LHR
BD, LHR-DUB, DUB-LHR

Last edited by paen08; Feb 21, 2008 at 11:38 am