FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transatlantic Flight Envoy Issues - Advice Request
Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:44 am
Bob'sYourUncle

Originally Posted by Darren64
1. I noticed that the only flights going to PHL from DCA are all RJs, consequently you have to await the shuttle to Terminal A, is this new? So not only no upgrade, no beverage. I must say that as a matter of principle when they say "on request only" i immediately hit the call button and ask for water.
Don't think so - the same route was served by an E170 last week, and we arrived at a C gate. The no beverage policy on that route has been in effect for a long time - at least now they serve something upon request, it used to be that they said nothing.

I got there about 3.5 hours before my TA flight so I settled in to watch movie and enjoy a glass of wine. They had a nice selection of cold cuts and cheese, along with veggies, rolls, cookies, fruit and condiments. However, I noticed that right around 6:00 they stopped refreshing the meat and cheese and removed the platters, there were still several flights arriving and I found that rather odd that they would be so petty as to removed the one thing people seemed to enjoy, other than the alcohol.
I was there from around 7-8 PM, and they certainly refreshed everything regularly. Must have been an exception.

My beef with US is that we incurred a 2 hr delay on the trans-Atlantic return, and then another 2 hr delay for the domestic final leg. Not ONE word of apology from anyone - I guess delays are SOP at US. Contrast that to an intra-Europe LH flight where we had a 25 min delay - 4 aplogies, the GA when boarding, the FA during taxi, the pilot in flight, and then the FA during bye-bye....