FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Society Hill, Philadelphia [Master Thread]
Old Feb 15, 2008, 6:43 am
PHX_SOUS

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
Carlos,

Spent 2 nights at the Society Hill last weekend and defintely mixed feelings about it...

Location is great for historic area, and there is a trolley stop right outside the hotel - trolley is a great way to see the city.

Room on the second floor was newly renovated and pretty nice. Nice plasma TV and comfortable bed.

Rate was good at $139/night.

Now the not so good...

Check in: The website showed plenty of Club Floor and suite availability, and when I called ahead to inquire about upgrades was told they were not that busy and that the club lounge was open for breakfast and cocktails all weekend. The desk agent at check-in said they were full and no upgrades were available Called the plat concierge later and she spoke to the hotel manager and confirmed they were full...don't know what to believe.

Was told at check in that the club lounge was closed until Saturday PM? Was able to get two breakfast vouchers because of it - nice because the buffet is $20.

Lobby is very nice. Got off the elevator on the 2nd floor to the smell of varnish - one of the elevators was open and under construction. Whole hallway smelled. Walking to my room there were 4 rooms under construction - doors removed (lovely site), dust and dirt in the air all weekend. Random cardboard box with coat hangers that sat in the hallway all weekend???

Breakfast was nice - good buffet, but the service is definitely lacking. There was a bit of a crowd and the 1 server was seriously overmatched.

Woke up Sunday to find a bill for $329/night under my door. My parents were in another room and recieved the same rate. Went down to the front desk and straightened it out.

Headed to the club lounge on 4th floor. Keys didn't work Back to the lobby where I was told the lounge wouldn't be open that weekend?? Another free breakfast, but come one!! Just give me some correct info.

Indoor pool on the 4th floor is very nice and the kids enjoyed it. Check out was smooth and all rates and overages were adjusted.

Overall the place is nice and in the end it all worked out, but they need some training and attention to detail! I understand there are renovations going on, but the management doesn't have an eye for the little things that make an impression. I'd stay there again, but I'm certainly not impressed...

Long story short - if you can get a good rate try the Westin