FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Food that's nasty no matter how you look at it...
Old Feb 15, 2008, 4:27 am
3timesalady

Originally Posted by Fornebufox
Wow, can't say that any of the above, other than balut, look particularly nasty--maybe because I like everything on the list (except balut, which will remain unexplored territory for now ;-). I guess this thread is populated by both omnivorous daredevils and more picky eaters. This may add some perspective.
Okay, FWIW, my pickiness rivals that of any 3 year old. I was scared to try a chocolate chip cookie that was chocolate dough with white chocolate chips a year ago.

I don't eat anything that looks oozy, smells funny, or is a surprising color. My exception is Indian food. I eat any Indian (vegetable) curry without a fuss. My parents forced us to eat anything that my mother cooked in the house (all Indian), but were more than happy to entertain our pickiness for anything else (I think they were unadventurous eaters themselves).

My big victories in food bravery over the past 5 years or so were this backwards chocolate chip cookie, guacamole (which I still think looks gross), and raspberries. Laugh all you want, but I still feel like I was really brave!!!