FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New US policy: No more 500 mile minimum per segment
Old Feb 14, 2008, 1:44 pm
moulder3

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Thumbs down

I'm lucky enough that I can hold off on booking my tickets for about a week. If US doesn't change this INSANE decision by then...I'm out.

I have been Silver for 2 years now, and this year had a shot at platinum or even Chairman, before the switch. Just like everyone else, I'm in the Northeast.

What boggles my mind is that we (elite members in the northeast) already viewed the 500 mile min. as the ONLY positive for having to fly though Philly (the WORST connecting airport in the region). Now, I'd gladly even take CO, and fly Newark--and I can't even believe I typed that.

Goodbye, US. I thought we had something special together (I was able to look past the quality of your product, the fact that I could NEVER get a non-stop flight anywhere & your horrible hubs--minus CLT, and you gave me unlimited upgrades. Come to think of it, I'm not sure free booze on a flight was worth the issues BEFORE this change, anyway...