FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New US policy: No more 500 mile minimum per segment
Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:55 am
Phudnik

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
I were DL I would IMMEDIATELY announce a mileage bonus on all flights where they aggressively compete with US (especially the shuttle) and either increase capacity or move to larger planes and undermine US as much as possible.
DL has taken aggressive measures to win US FFs in the past (remember "fly one roundtrip to select markets and get DL Silver" from 2005?) and it wouldn't surprise me if they did something like this now -- especially on Shuttle routes, but also throughout the Southeast where they are US's primary competition.

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
I am impressed that FFocus is mobilized and ready to take on Tempe but, let's be realistic here. How many times do we have to grab the torches, pitchforks, tar and feathers before we just take our business elsewhere.

US is a LCC. Their focus not on customer service, not on creating value for their customers and certainly not on generating customer loyalty. Name one true enhancement US has made since the merger. I think my personal favorite was a labor force that is even more disgruntled than before the merger. Perhaps next they'll spit in our faces when we board.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...letter writing is fine but cash is king. Speak with your business and US will listen...until they get another wild hare up their @sses. I am SO glad I moved most of my biz to DL. They actually respect their customers.
This move does show a remarkable lack of understanding of their customer base that flies short hops on the East Coast, but that's not surprising given how Tempe has managed their East network. It makes their product even less competitive here.

I hope FFOCUS has some effect, but given Tempe's long history of failing to listen to anyone (customers or front-line employees) I doubt it. If they really wanted a dialogue, they'd have it already.