FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask The Housekeeper
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:37 am
AJK1535

Programs: Hilton Gold, EA
Originally Posted by callie-girl
As I'm about to return to Hyatt, my tipping question is more based on my recent stays in other brands.

Taught to leave $2 per person per night, but sometimes housekeeping leaves the money there. I suppose there's a fear they'll be called out for stealing, but I still leave it - and at the end of my stay, whatever hasn't been picked up by the staff, I take to the desk and ask them to pass it along. Good move, bad move?

Does Hyatt have a recommended place to leave the tip so housekeeping knows it is for them?

Sometimes, all I need is fresh towels. I don't need the bed changed, I'll keep my own sink cleaned up, usually bring my own necessaries...is there a way to *only* get fresh towels each day and not make the crew work any harder than necessary?

Thanks! And thanks for being here.
I would not suggest giving it to the desk. Not that they would take it, but it would take a while to make it to the person who cleaned your room. Leave a little note on your money and they will take it. At least the ones I know aren't shy about taking money...

If you only need fresh towels, I would suggest leaving up your do not disturb sign and calling down for towels when you need them. Our standard is to have them to you in less than 15 minutes.