FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Online flight search for mobile browsers
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2008, 1:43 pm
Robbiedeluxe

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Originally Posted by malap
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; Smartphone; 240x320) Opera 8.65 [en])
I assume that some non-mobile sites will look quite strange, whether you use Opera Mini or not.
Opera mini has two ways of displaying websites; the regular "desktop-like" view, where all websites are compressed so that they look just like if you were browsing the internet on your computer (besides having to zoom in and out to view the different "parts" of the website -- as seen on some of the very first iPhone commercials) - then there's the "mobile view", where Opera automatically applies a customized style sheet document and removes all unnecessary graphics, so the website will look like a WAP/mobile site.

I'd suggest you look into these features and choose whatever is best for your wireless device. I've found that using the regular "destop-like" mode while enabling image quality reduction to be the best option for my Nokia E61i.

PS: It wouldn't surprise me if Opera Software gets acquired by a huge IT corporation anytime soon...