FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad or Sheraton Hong Kong?
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2008, 4:26 am
kchika

Programs: No longer Diamond and missing the good old days of CX
Originally Posted by UAL_Rulez
The ONLY reason to even consider the Sheraton, IMO, is because the OP is SPG PLT and thus might get some sick upgrade. That's not guaranteed, of course.
Otherwise, this (to me) is a no-brainer in favour of the Conrad. Better hotel, much better neighbourhood, better location for kid-friendly activities (backs to HK Park, walk to Peak Tram, most 'touristy' stuff is closer to Central/Queensway than to Kowloon.)
Agreed. As a local, I would say that both are great hotels.

As the OP has said, he's more interested in the location of the hotel. In this case, Admiralty is more convenient and generally considered to be a better neighborhood. The Conrad, along with JW Marriott and Island Shangri-La, is attached to Pacific Place, which IMO is the best shopping mall in HKG (I don't like the IFC or Elements).

The majority of tourist attractions are on the island. Although it's only one stop on the MTR between Tsim Sha Tsui and Admiralty, OP is a travelling in a party of 5 which makes it rather inconvenient and pricey for them. It would be more sensible for them to stay on the island.

There is no real tourist attraction within walking distance of the Sheraton, apart from the Avenue of Stars which is nothing spectacular. And if you ever find yourself on the Nathan Road, you may end up at some dodgy shop which will push you to buy digi cams for 3x the retail price.

Ultimately, I prefer the Conrad to the Sheraton.

Hope this helps.