FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Don't Fly Emirates - but why?
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2008, 3:23 am
redcard

Don't fly Emirates

My wife and I took our first and last flights with EK last year. I have to say it is the worst airline I have ever flown with. For me the biggest issue is the comfort, or lack of it. I am not all that tall, only 183cm, however when the seat in front is retracted my knees were jammed up against it - and after 12 hrs this gets extremely uncomfortable. I hate to think what the tall blokes were going through. I'd like to see the stats on the legroom because in my experience EK has the least of all. Other minor issues are that the inflight service was poor most of the time and never came back when you asked them for anything. I won't even begin to list my thoughts on what a dump Dubai is. 90min to travel 5km every day - what a bloody joke. Not even the traffic in Cairo is that bad. I fail to see what the attraction with Dubai is. All of the hotels I've stayed in are over rated ie - they claim to be 4 or 5 star and are nothing like what a 4 or 5 star hotel should be like. I had a much better time camping in the sand dunes. Next time I will pay the extra $150 and fly QF via Frankfurt because Emirates and Dubai are not worth the pain.