FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wahhabalinese Adventures 2: SIN-AUH-RUH-JED on EY/SV/XY
Old Feb 10, 2008, 7:05 am
jpatokal

Wahhabalinese Adventures 2: SIN-DEL-AUH-RUH-JED on 9W/EY/SV/XY

This trip report is a followup to the original Wahhabalinese Adventures, detailing my second sojourn to the Magic Kingdom. I'll be traveling a bit longer this time, and hence my agenda includes a little sightseeing and scuba diving in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia's second city and commercial capital.

This time, I'm flying the long hauls on Etihad (EY), but with two domestic segments thrown in: one on Saudi Arabian, but the other -- a Flyertalk debut, I do believe -- on Nas Air (XY). 9377 mi, says Great Circle Mapper, and here's the route:

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=S...ED-RUH-AUH-SIN

Update: Two days before my planned departure, I got an early-morning phone call, and by the end of it I'd changed my plans to head to Delhi for a week first instead. Our corporate travel agent, who are good at everything except finding cheap fares, first suggested a ridiculous SIN-DEL-BAH-RUH-JED-AUH-SIN routing on 9W/GF/SV/SQ that would've cost nearly US$3000, but Etihad's remarkably helpful Singapore office managed to rebook me on DEL-RUH-SIN for barely a third of that -- it actually ended up costing substantially less than my previous SIN-RUH return!

Last edited by jpatokal; Mar 12, 2008 at 9:26 am Reason: a twist in the fabric of space