FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United E+ access a thing of the past?
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2008, 5:17 pm
Fraser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Any idea if this is still UAs game plan? I often find I can get into E+, but am not sure if this is agent whim or policy. They sometimes take an interest in seeing my BD *S, but not everytime.
I've found getting E+ for nothing 100% of the time is tough.

My best bet is to go to the RCC and ask nicely there, however as a *S you won't have much luck trying that . I've found some sympathetic RCC agents who showed almost disgust at the fact a *G was in E-! Then again I did find someone at DEN who almost went off on me for me asking about it. The Amex card took a hit then...

At check-in I've been told enough times that you have to pay to upgrade that I no longer bother asking. I also don't ask at the gate either but have been paged a few times at the gate area and moved forward to E+ if it is only a short flight (30mins or thereabouts) and I've not bothered to pay. Once on a three leg itinerary I was paged and moved on the first sector but subsequently asked about the other two and was moved up on those as well If there is no RCC at the airport I'll usually just pony up at -24hrs.

Asking nicely for E+ at the right places (RCC) hasn't been met with the hostile responses as I expected it might be when I first heard the E+ benefit was being withdrawn.

Last edited by Fraser; Feb 8, 2008 at 5:23 pm