FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IAH Terminal A/Bus/Colgan Air rant
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2008, 10:51 am
Hog Heaven

Programs: UA GOld, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
IAH Terminal A/Bus/Colgan Air rant

As an experience CO/IAH traveller, I know the Houston airport inside and out. But Continental, you are seriously going to have to do something about the Terminal A transit situation. IT is completely unacceptable, especially when you couple the transit situation with the Colgan Air incompetence.

Yesterday, I was making a connection in IAH to a Colgan Air flight. My inbound flight from the west coast was late. However, my gate was realtively close to the Terminal C busstop. And a bus was there waiting. But, my god, even after the bus left, it took almost 15 minutes to get over to Terminal A.
Me and 2 others on the same bus missed our Colgan flight by about 2 minutes. (The plane was still at the gate, but they wouldn't let us on). That really pleased us, especially after we found out that the next flight was sold out. The only saving grace was the P-CLub in Terminal A.

I live where its kind of a push whether to just drive to Houston or take the connecting flight. I go back and forth, but after yesterday, I think I'm done with Terminal A and Colgan.

If they put a train connection inside security that will let you get to Terminal with the same speed as Terminal B, I'll reconsider. But the current arrangement is just too flawed.