FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Continental & United Merger supposedly more serious [Merged Threads]
Old Feb 7, 2008, 9:00 am
UA_Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
At the end of the day, the indutry has to go through consolidation, and airlines all need to survive. As much as we like and dislike about certain aspects of United-Continental marriage, we may as well embrace it and move on.

I don't think there is a better partner for UA other than CO. I only have three items on my wish lists that reflect my personal bias:

1. Let United Mileage Plus runs the combined FFP and retains most of the M+ perks. (If the FFP is not attractive, then I can always start flying other airlines.)

2. Stay in Star Alliance. (If the alliance does not cater my needs, then I'll switch to a different airlines in a different alliance.)

3. Let CO Management run the combined entity. (CO is just that much better than UA now.)

I thought about E+, but no other US legacy carriers offer them. It is not I have other choices.... so why get upset about not having it.

I hope this deal goes through!^ .... as long as the employees get taken care of!:-: