FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline w/ the best employee travel benefits?
Old Feb 6, 2008, 8:49 am
pjpoker

Originally Posted by Kone
and skywalkerLAX is correct. if you can get a better paying job elsewhere, go for it because the airlines will give you stand-by passes, but not the means to use them like you would want to.
I don't fully agree. It all depends on the person, their age, and their expectations. I have little to no trouble getting where I need to go, usually in business class. I go on 2-3 trips a month, 2-3 days at a time, working full time. I can stay longer if I trade shifts with someone or take a day or 2 of vacation. I stay at hostels, so I don't spend all of my admittedly low pay.
If traveling means a lot to you, and you aren't going to get a job that makes enough to meet your demands, I'd recommend it.
Another plus is that a lot of the station managers start out on the ramp or at the gate and move up. If you can work up to that, you will make decent pay, and still have your benefits.

Either way, its up to you. Make the right choice. Its not for everyone and the pay does suck.