FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]
Old Feb 4, 2008, 1:37 pm
nicolas75
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
I haven't stayed there for at least 2 years since I always wanted to try different luxury hotels in bkk and they are relatively inexpensive, but this time wanna give IC BKK a try again. I've heard that the GRANDE DELUXE rooms at IC BKK are newly renovated. How about the rooms at the club floor? Are they renovated as well?

Should I just book the 1 KING BED DELUXE and then expect an upgrade to I KING BED GRANDE DELUXE or Should I just book the 1 KING CLUB IC? If rooms at club floor are not renovated, then I'd prefer the renovated GRANDE DELUXE room.

Thanks for any advice in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
I got a note under the door saying that if I had paid for part of my stay, I would have gotten a room upgrade. But since the entire stay is on points I do not get an upgrade. But it does say I get the mini-bar beverages and the free movie. It's in writing.

Here is the written answer I received from IC Bangkok regarding this matter :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. XXX,

Greetings from InterContinental Bangkok,

Regarding to your email we are pleased to offer for 02 options as following details;

1st option: You have to pay for Deluxe room rate at THB 6,300+10% Service charge and 7% Tax per each room/night (Total 06 nights)

Then, room will be upgrading from Deluxe to Club room inclusive of breakfast and all club benefits as Royal Ambassador Membership condition.

Hotel will return the priority club point to your account for further visit.

2nd option: You to pay for surcharge at THB 3,200+10% Service charge and 7% Tax by using redemption point for deluxe room for room upgrading to Club room and entitle to club benefits as well.

Should you need further information or assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at all time.

Best regards,

Worachead (Mr.)

Reservation Supervisor

InterContinental Bangkok Thailand

T : +66 2 656 0444

F : +66 2 254 9988

[email protected]

http://www.ihg.com

INTERCONTINENTAL BANGKOK

973 Ploenchit Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand

Tel: [+66] 02 656 0444

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 8:51 PM
To: InterContinental Bangkok
Subject: This mail concern my reservations #XXX

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

I will stay in your hotel on points from 6th to 12th February 2008.

I was told that, despite being Royal Ambassador #XXX:

- I will not get access at the InterContinental club lounge,

- but I was also told that if I had paid for part of my stay, I would have gotten a room upgrade with club access.

Would you please tell me if this information is correct or not.

If this correct, would it be possible to pay my first night (1 king bed deluxe, t THB 6,300) and get back the 5,000 points corresponding to this night.

Best regards