FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gate checked bags and green tags
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2002, 7:29 pm
USC_FT@LAX

Programs: UA 1P MM
Two weeks ago I was boarding a J41 at Dulles to LGA (it had been scheduled for a regional jet, but was changed to a smaller plane). When proceeding out to the plane the gate agent was tagging bags for planeside pickup (even telling passengers they could pick up their bag planeside when we landed) but was handing out the orange tags.

A more senior gate rep informed this person that she was handing out the wrong tags, and went back to the counter to get the right ones, but the first person just ignored this directive and continued to tage bags incorrectly.

I waited for the second agent to come back, and while waiting, depspite my protests, the fist agent insisted on tagging my bag with the orange tag. The lack of acknowledgement by the first person of the instructions from the more senior agent was amazing.

Anyway, I finally got my green tag, and as I walked it out to the plane I removed the orange tag. All worked out fine - at least for my bag, and I was able to get it as we got off the plane at LGA. As for the others, I think they did go back and retag some of them but might not have gotten all of them.