FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Sampler
Old Feb 2, 2008, 12:08 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
MELBOURNE to DEVONPORT (MEL-DPO) on Qantas Dash 8-100

For a nice change I didn't get selected for the explosives test when going through security (but on my previous flight I did ), and had enough time to visit the Qantas Club before the flight.

Boarding was called. As with most calls from here it is made at the last possible minute. Even leaving immediately and walking fast to the gate they are already looking for the last couple of passengers.

I notice I have the same aircraft that I flew to and from Dubbo just a few days earlier! The flight is fairly full with a handful of empty seats. Somehow my status didn't give me one of them. My theory is that on these flights if the load is above a certain percentage no seats are blocked.

We took off quickly and did a long circuit three quarters the way around Melbourne before following the coast. The views were great on this side of Bass Strait but thick low cloud near Tasmania obscured all views of the other side until close to landing.

A light refreshment was served - chocolate brownie slice, water, tea and coffee.