FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton, Edison New Jersey [Master Thread]
Old Feb 1, 2008, 8:34 pm
Rusty65

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott, Hertz #1 Club
Arrow Sheraton, Edison New Jersey [Master Thread]

I had a stay at the Sheraton in Edison New Jersey. I did not see any threads about this property and the search engine only brought up random thoughts in old threads. Thought it may helpful to include this trip report.

The Sheraton in Edison is most definitely a business hotel. It is by no means great, but serves its purpose very well.

I received a good welcome from the front desk - platinum points offered and posted. The staff was helpful and alerted me that my platinum status included the free use of the internet in my room (this resulted in my only complaint when it was included on my bill, but quickly removed when I alerted them). They asked if I wanted a wake up call as I checked in, so one less thing for me to do. There was citrus flavored water and a bowl of apples in the lobby in the evening and there was granola bars and coffee in the morning.

The rooms were nice enough - no flat screen, but comfortable bed. I was on a Starwood preferred floor, but it looked like I received nothing "extra".

No question this is a typical business hotel in the middle of New Jersey in a cookie cutter type setting. But it does its job well and was well worth it for the night even though I doive an extra 15 minutes past the Marriott to get me the double starwood stay.