FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Cerritos Hotel, CA [Master Thread]
Old Feb 1, 2008, 6:07 pm
BlissWorld
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Mini trip report

Check in
The agent was clueless. No Greeting with a blank stare I told him I was checking in and presented him with my ID and credit card. He asked me if I had a credit to put on file. Uhmm, it's right here, dude I've about had it with Sheraton check in staff.

Anyway, I was actually surprised that I was preblocked into a jr suite. I booked this reservation at the very last second I figured the staff wouldn't have time to preblock me into a suite. On the positive side, I called the hotel the day prior to check a rate issue and spoke with a very helpful and polite agent. She even told me she would upgrade me because I'm a Platinum.

Anyway, no Platinum amenity offered, no late check out offered. So I said "For my platinum amenity, I would like points, and may I please have a late check out the next morning." He seemed a bit stunned to find out I'm a Platinum. UMM look at your screen, dimbo

Suite/room
The suite was pretty spacious. It's a corner location with lots of windows. There were 2 TVs, a large sofa, desk, and of course the sweet sleeper bed.

The bathroom was your standard Sheraton bath but with extra amenities including the full set of bliss (including shower gel and mouthwash), shaving cream, cotton balls, and a bath loofah ^

It's a very nice Sheraton for it's price range. $107 a night. You can't beat that. Also, note that even though this hotel offers club level rooms, they do not offer a club lounge I don't know why. However, club level, suite, and Platinums get

1. complimentary bottled water (2)
2. complimentary high speed internet
3. 2 buffet breakfast

Oh yea, the front desk agent failed to mention all of the above benefits I was trying to look for the club lounge and couldn't find it so I called operater. She told me all of the benefits. She also questioned why I wasn't being put on the club floor (I got a suite, so I didn't complain). She came back to apologized for the club suites being booked this evening. She sent someone to give me my breakfast vouchers.

Overall, it's a great hotel with EXCELLENT perks for Plat, but the front desk staff needs serious training

p.s. I'll post some pictures later