FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel [Master Thread]
Old Feb 1, 2008, 4:12 pm
Scott in LA

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
Heh. This is kinda funny...I was at this hotel at the same time as you, and could echo quite a bit of your posts word for word. I was just there one night (Saturday 1/26), but it's uncanny how closely our stays resembled each other.

Originally Posted by inyourvillages
i'll start by saying that all of the hotel employees i've encountered in person have been very kind and customer-service oriented.
Almost comically so, in some cases. Just over the top pleasant and accomodating.

i show up at 9am and just ask if i can leave bags, the guy tells me that i can check in (it's a business hotel, and i'm arriving on a friday...first night paid, second night points)...and that as an SPG gold he has a nice room for me. also gives a gift bag with...a small bag of pretzels, a hersey's bar and a small bottle of water. weird, but nice touch i guess.

get to room, it's a two-room suite...fake leather couch, tv, bar with sink, microwave and fridge in one room...sheraton bed, tv and sink in the other. normal sheraton bathroom connected.
I arrived around 1-ish, so I wasn't that surprised that the room was ready, but otherwise identical. SPG gold as well, and got the same speech, same gift bag, same upgrade to the same suite.

Didn't bring my laptop, so I didn't have your problems with the internet. My only real problem with the room was that half the channels on the TV in the sitting room didn't work, but I wasn't watching TV for that long, and the one in the bedroom did work fine, so I didn't stress about it.

it is sunday morning, 8:20 a.m. local time. just got a phone call from the front desk to make sure that my "accommodations were satisfactory last night." are you kidding me?
And the fun continues. I was allowed to sleep until 9 a.m., luckily, since I had been out until about 3:30 the night before. I was too flabbergasted/asleep to actually say anything to the person who called, other than a mumbled "yeah, whatever". Policy? To wake up their guests at an arbitrary time? Unbelievable. I had also been called the afternoon before, around 5:00 or so, to make sure that everything was satisfactory up to that point--but at least I was awake then.

Probably should have made a bigger stink with the front desk when I left, but I was running late and, frankly, just didn't feel like it. I did jot it down on their comment card when I checked out, but of course I don't expect anything to come of that.