FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Sampler
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:03 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
SYDNEY to AUCKLAND (SYD-AKL) on Qantas 767-300 in economy class

Just one boarding call for the flight, rather late in the process. So on arriving at the gate I was asked if I was a connecting passenger with late arrival.

We departed slightly late. The flight was very empty - less than 20% I would guess. Somehow they'd managed to stuff up seating so all the single passengers were seated together. However onboard we were encouraged to spread out. Even with the light load service was minimal - I've had much better on a 45 minute domestic flight (that is supposedly no service).

Dinner after take off a choice of a gluggy pasta or a tasteless beef(?) which was supposed to be a curry but something went wrong and it was inedible.

I dozed much of the flight. With our delayed arrival, instead of being the first of the late night Australia flights we arrived in the middle of the bank. So there were moderate queues at immigration - but freely moving. I got a new officer who couldn't recognise my stamps from Australia (pointed at US stamps and asked if they were from today's trip)!

For the second time today the immigration officer coded my card wrongly which was spotted at x-ray. Unfortunately no quick check to clarify, but instead a go by the book inspection. Fortunately the customs officer realised it was silly (the circumstances and the file they have on me) and so sped through as fast as he could ^

I fell asleep in the cab before we even left the airport grounds and awoke a couple of corners from home.