FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]
Old Jan 31, 2008, 6:13 pm
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RichMSN
In a recently refurbished room on the third floor of the Skyline. Very nice. Surprised they haven't invested in some new TVs, but the room is quite nice.

I was coming from central London today and didn't much feel like sitting on the tube for every stop from King's Cross to Heathrow, so I took the Circle Line to Paddington and the Express to terminal 3 and then the Hoppa. I know it cost me £21 to do this, but I really didn't much care as it's been a long week.
Interesting, the third floor of the skyline does not have any club rooms AFAIK. In around 15 stays at the property I have never been given a room on the third floor, which I understood were mainly family rooms with a queen bed and sofa bed. Club rooms seem to be situated on the first and 2nd floors, although I am not sure that there is any significant difference between club and ordinary rooms aprt perhaps from a bathrobe and free water. Even the old (non LCD) TV's at the Sheraton Heathrow were better than the TV's in the Skyline, everything else about the skyline is definitely better though.

Is the lounge really being refurbished? It is on the third floor, is there any evidence of work being carried out there?