FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Sampler
Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:05 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Sydney transit annoyance - take two

Again the, by now familiar, dash between the two domestic terminals. At transfer desk I try to check in for my onward flight. A very half hearted attempt was made then "sorry I can't do it". Uggg, not what I want to hear when I'm short on time.

In the monitor behind the desk I could see a crowd below waiting for the transfer bus, so I figured the next one is due soon. However, we waited for 20 further minutes before the next bus showed up. I took my usual position by the rear bus door and bolted once we arrived, turning right instead of left for immigration.

The first class check in desk took a while to check me in and I started to relax. I wasn't going to miss the last flight back today after all.

There was a moderate queue at immigration so I took the express lane. At security there were several people faffing about with their bags so I swept past neatly depositing my carry on and liquid bag into the x-ray machine while I walked through the WTMD without missing a step. I got pulled again for the explosives check. Dang - 4 times in one day must be some kinda record

I had enough time for a quick drink in the F lounge. It seems I have now visited often enough to no longer need to show my boarding pass or card at the entrance on both shifts By my reckoning that makes 5 international lounges in 3 countries that I can do this on all shifts (plus other domestic lounges and at some it depends on who is at the entrance).

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Feb 1, 2008 at 10:45 am