FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO News Release / Onboard TV & WiFi Domestically
Old Jan 29, 2008, 4:32 pm
pbarnette
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by CO Insider
Hi pbarnette, this comment would suggest that we've published a timeframe for completion that we're not meeting. On the contrary, we've actually accelerated the timeframe for audio video on-demand (AVOD) for both our 777 and 757-200 aircraft, and will be completing both retrofit programs ahead of schedule.
I don't consider it a case of you guys not meeting your timelines, it is just that any timeline that won't help me with my next trip isn't fast enough for me. I'm not trying to be a jerk, though I know I might come across that way, but I just don't really feel like waiting. When it is all said and done, then I will take another look, but until then, just know it is nothing personal. I guess I'm just from the instant gratification school and never did have much patience.

BTW, I genuinely appreciate you taking the time and effort to respond to my idle ramblings. And hopefully, I've at least made a few valid points that CO can shove in the "possible improvements" category.

Originally Posted by CO Insider
Hi pbarnette, although I don't believe this was outlined in the press release, we will be offering at least four channels of movies for pay-per-view movies. These movies will be available even when the aircraft out of range for satellite TV reception.
That is definitely something that should have been in the press release, and changes the discussion, in CO's favor.